22 July 2009

Summertime

It's in the middle of summer. It's been a good one! A nice mix of hot weather and thunderstorms and rain. I must admit I prefer cooler days the older I get, but I do love the feeling of walking barefoot outside and wearing very few clothes. I got no sun tan. Try to avoid tanning (although I enjoy it for a while), I just get a bad rash. But those days, when being tanned was important, are long gone. There are advantages to getting old (older)! Some things just don't matter anymore. I rather be white and without skin cancer.
The garden is as usual giving and giving and giving. So far I've gone through strawberries, cherries and wild strawberries. Now I'm doing raspberries and black currants. Still not ready are blackberries, plums, pears and two kinds of apples. I'm pretty lucky! My freezer is still pretty full from last year, so lots go to friends and neighbours. I just have to pick everything, can't see it go to waste. I never do anything, like jam or desserts, but I eat fresh berries in my yoghurt everyday. Still, I pick so much more than I eat!
The other day I bought a lawnmower. With a motor. Every time I've been mowing the lawn (manually) I've thought that I was on the verge to get a heart attack. It was just TOO TOUGH. Good exercise, yes, but not worth dying for! This mower is excellent and I wish I had bought it last year already!
Tomorrow I'm off on vacation for almost a week and hope to write a bit about that when I get home. I'm so bad at this blog, but I feel I want to try and get better, I haven't given up yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!


Winter