01 December 2008

Love no. 5


I'm crazy about penguins! Penguins have been a passion of mine since 1983 when I got a poster of a Rockhopper. Since then I have been collecting penguin items. ANYTHING with a penguin really. And the Rockhopper is still my favourite!
Compared to others my collection is on the small side, but I'm truly fond of it and it keeps growing all the time. I buy what I can afford and what I like. Presently my most treasured items are a Martini glass with a hand engraved penguin (specially ordered for me), a couple of crystal penguins, a beautiful lighter and embroidery made by my sister. And I love all the other stuff too! Oh, and my tattoo of course!

To mention a few things - shower curtain, bathroom carpets, toilet brush, beer glasses, bottle opener, soap dispenser, pencil sharpener, kitchen timer. Handmade clay penguins on rocks. Plush Pingus. Framed posters, one oil painting and one painting by a famous Swedish artist. T-shirts, perfume, chocolate, books, soap tray, straw, toothbrush, pencil cup, eraser, note pads, tea mugs, fridge magnets. A radio with a penguin that moves to the music. A telephone. lots of calendars, postcards, stickers and such.

To me penguins are pretty fantastic creatures in many ways (see March of the Penguins, and you will agree!), but mostly I love them because they are beautiful and cute. On the internet I've found many friends with penguins as a common interest. If you collect penguins, you are not alone!

Do I have a penguin dream? Yes. I'd love to go to Antarctica. I'm pretty sure I never will (expensive and cold), so I'll settle for Plan B - I'd like to be really close to a penguin (preferably wild), maybe even touch it. I hope to go to South Africa one day and visit the pengui
ns there.

No comments:


Winter