24 January 2009

Love no. 10


Since I'm presently deep into re-reading The Dark Tower books, I must admit that Stephen King is one of my loves. As an author of course! I started reading him in 1982 when I was au pairing in San Francisco. My au pair-mom gave me "Carrie" and said she was positive I would like this author. I had never heard of him, but when I found out he was behind The Shining - a favourite movie of mine - I was quickly caught. I ended up buying everything I could find of Mr King, and has so ever since. For some reason I only read him in English. It just feels better....The Dark Tower is definitely a favourite, and it's so loooong and lasts for a while - seven books or bricks, only the first one is thin (and not so good IMHO, but necessary to read nevertheless). I'm also reading one of his latest right now, Duma Key, but the urge to read The Dark Tower was strong and I put it aside for later. This is ka.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I agree, Stephen King is very good. I have read all the books I could found, written by him and I also saw a lot of movies... My favourites are "Rose Red", "The Diary of Helen Rimbauer", "Carrie", "1408" and "The Shining".

I like a lot John Saul too. Did you read him?

decolover said...

Hi Laura! Yes, I've read John Saul too, and Dean Koontz too. But SK remains my favourite!

Stina said...

Hejsan
Här kommer en liten kul utmaning, se min blogg
Ha det gott/Christina

Stina said...

Hejsan
Här kommer en liten kul utmaning, se min blogg
Ha det gott/Christina

Maria said...

Jasså du scrapar över hela vardagsrummet. Det gjorde jag med tills vi köppte större hus :-D
Maria


Winter